I know, I know… a bucket list refers to all the things you want to accomplish before you die or “kick the bucket”. I wanted to make a list of things I want to do before I turn 40. I think between the time I got married, then had kids, graduated college, moved to 3 states, and whatever else life threw at me, I put off a few fun and exciting things I wanted to do.
So here goes.
- I’d love to go to Italy. When I watch the travel channel and see that beautiful blue sky,
architecturally intriguing buildings, the gondoliers rowing couples in love around, and people eating huge bowls of authentic Italian pasta, I want to buy my plane ticket immediately! Italian life, as it is portrayed on television, seems very simple and relaxing. In 2009, I had an opportunity to visit Spain for 13 days and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The people were so chill and stress-free. I went to open-air markets every day to purchase daily meals and peruse vendors’ wares. I strolled through quaint little neighborhoods, had conversations with the natives (in Spanish), and visited centuries old castles, forts, and bull rings. Spain was only the beginning of my European tour. Italy is, most definitely, my next stop!
- I want to go skinny dipping. The ideal locale would be one of those VERY secluded wooded areas with the narrow river/creek/lake, similar to the one in “Dirty Dancing”. The only problem is, I hate swimming in cold water and I hate swimming in dirty water even more. It’s so bad that I have to psyche myself up to even get into a pool. I guess I’ll just have to get over it because it seems like it would be so much fun. I’d go, of course, with the hubs. This item may need to go at the bottom of the list due to its improbability of happening, but who knows?
- I want to fly an airplane. No, not professionally, but I want to take a couple of those flying lessons where they would actually let me take the wheel and fly. Can you imagine how awesome that would be? Navigating through the clouds, soaring over the land below, and feeling like you’re that much closer to God. I can and will fly a small airplane!
- I would like to drive a Corvette…fast! I have always loved sports cars, especially the Corvette, Lamborghini, and Ferrari. Unfortunately, it has always been from afar. When I was younger, I had an all white 1996, all white Pontiac Grand Am. I called her Jedi, despite the fact that Jedis were not all white, she should have been called Storm Trooper. But, I digress. I used to get speeding tickets every other day. I couldn’t not go above the speed limit. I am sure it was my competitive spirit that gave me the need for speed because I had to pass everyone on the road, specifically on the expressway. The funny thing was, never realized how fast I was going until I saw the blue and red lights flashing in my rear view mirror. I loved going fast, but then I had my first son and I had to be more cognizant of my conduct on the road. But the need has not been quelched. I vow to drive a very fast sports car at least one time before I turn 40!
- I would love to model in a show during fashion week in New York. Although I wouldn’t want to model professionally because of the insane weight restrictions, I love doing the one-off shows every once in a while. Modeling in New York would solidify all that I have done, thus far. Walking on the runway is such a rush and deliciously exciting. You know that all eyes are on you, but you can see no one. The bright lights are in your eyes and all you see is the runway and the infinite blackness in front on you. You strut to the music and tell the world, with every click of your 5 inch heel, that you are HOT! I wish I had that same confidence off-stage.
Well, that’s my 30s bucket list. Let’s see how much I will actually get done in the next 8 years. I’m gunning for the exotic excursion to Italy first!
What’s on your bucket list?